What is All Ears?
Many young people, especially in this day and age, struggle with gloom and loneliness. A listening ear can be nice: someone who listens, asks the right questions, and someone who shows empathy. This initiative from the UvA and VSPA wants to help students by means of a call line (possibly with chat function) that all students can call when they are in need of a conversation. When you work at All Ears you will pick up the phone a few hours per week, to offer a listening ear and a friendly conversation to the person calling All Ears.
All Ears wants to support students in these difficult times in an accessible way, and that’s why we need your help!
Who are we looking for?
- Students who want to contribute to the wellbeing of their fellow students.
- Students who want to gain experience in the field of empathic listening.
- Students who have finished the course Psychological Communication (Year 2)
- Students who are available for at least three hours per week till medio july.
- We welcome both Dutch and English speaking students.
What do we offer?
- Learning more about applying different conversation techniques
- A training on listening, helping and emergency situations before you start.
- You get the opportunity to help others and make a valuable contribution to a healthy society.
- A certificate from the UvA, rewarding your motivation and skills and your contribution to this project.
How can you apply?
Send an (short) email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description about yourself, your motivation and a rough availability estimate. A very brief introductory meeting will follow.
Om te solliciteren op deze vacature stuurt u uw sollicitatie naar email@example.com